Awards Night: Why you need to reward your staff
Whether you are a business owner or simply in charge of a team, it is important to make sure that those who are under your control in a business are as happy as they possibly can be; especially if they are working hard to help the business succeed, they deserve your efforts.
One way in which you can reward the staff who always work the hardest is an awards night. What is an awards night and why does your business need to have one as soon as possible? We answer the questions on your mind in this blog post.
Awards Night: Common misconceptions
Before we explain why you should have an awards night, we want to rid you of any common misconceptions that you might have come across concerning awards nights.
- “My business is too small for an awards night”: Unless it’s just a case of you being the only person at your business, no business is too small for an awards night. Although you have to be sensible about it if you do have a smaller business, there is still nothing stopping you from having an awards night. Don’t let this mistaken belief put you off!
- “Staff don’t appreciate awards”: Even if you have a team of people who aren’t outwardly particularly fussed about earning rewards for their work, chances are that they are anyway. Everybody likes to be rewarded for effort that they put in to their work, especially if the job is particularly testing.
Awards Night: Why it’s important for your business to award staff
Managing your team effectively comes down to more than handing out rewards every so often, but it does contribute to successful management. Why is it important for the business overall to have an awards night?
- Motivates staff: For a business to become successful then maintain that level of success, you need to have a motivated team who are willing to work hard. Motivation doesn’t come directly from being rewarded but it can contribute to keeping everyone happy and striving to prosper. Having an awards night is a quick and easy way to give a boost to the motivation levels of the entire team.
- Makes staff feel valued: For any business to succeed with a team of staff, everyone involved has to feel valued. If an element doesn’t feel valued, even one member of the team, it can cause every other part of your setup to collapse and stop working as it should. If you treat your staff to an awards night, you are going to instil a sense of value in them, and they are going to remember that feeling.
- Builds relationships: To create a well-oiled machine – presumably what you want your business to be – each cog needs to be compatible with the other cogs. In the prior analogy, imagine your team members are the cogs; this means that your team needs to be able to work together seamlessly. By having something such as an awards night, it encourages members of your team to get to know each other; when they get to know each other, they will work better together when you all return to the workplace.
Awards Night: Choose ATM Events
There’s many reasons why you should work with ATM Events, so we’ll just cover the main ones here:
- We’re experienced: For over 11 years, we have been organising successful events for businesses ranging in size from local to international blue-chip business.
- Our prices are competitive: When you work with ATM Events, you get the best prices possible for the all-inclusive service that we offer.
- We manage your project from start to finish: We won’t abandon you halfway through the process of planning and arranging your event – you’re stuck with us throughout, from beginning to end!
We have been using ATM Events for the past 6 years and each time they come up with something different for our staff awards evening. Their dedication to every aspect of our event is always second to none and we will certainly continue to use ATM for any future events.
The ATM team really delivered above and beyond for our Award Nights. They were more than helpful and delivered above our expectations. The team are a real asset and we would definitely use ATM again.
I’m not normally one for taking the time to fill in feedback forms, but I had to make an exception here, the teambuilding event ATM delivered was amazing, everyone loved it! Your guys delivered it perfectly, Thank you for a memorable day.
ATM organised an excellent Incentive trip for our staff and would recommend again. The days ran very smoothly and all the staff had a great experience. The Event Managers were really helpful, all in all an excellent 2 days in Barcelona
ATM Events provided a fantastic service for our event. The staff were extremely friendly and bubbly, and ensured that the event ran smoothly right from the set up through to the de rig at the end of the evening. Right from the start the ATM Events team were brilliant at working with us to plan and co-ordinate a successful event even given the event had a very short time frame.